[asterisk-users] Couple installation questions

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:31:59 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm installing * 1.4.9 and a couple questions have come up:

1) I read here<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+installation+for+CentOS+4.x>(
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+installation+for+CentOS+4.x)
that if you are using E1 cards you need to install LIBPRI.  I'm not using
any cards on this system, so does that mean I don't need LIBPRI?  Asterisk
built OK without it but I'm curious if I'll have trouble down the road
somewhere...

2) As I mentioned, I don't have any cards so I'll need ztdummy.  In the
menuselect for Zaptel I de-selected everything (e.g. pciradio, tor2, torisa,
wcfxo etc.) EXCEPT ztdummy.  Is that the right thing to  do or will I need
some of the others as well?  Again, Asterisk built OK but I'm curious if
I'll have trouble down the road

Thanks,
Hugh