[asterisk-users] Problem with the dial command

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Aug 1 13:53:44 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 11:43 -0400, Mike wrote:
> Aug  1 11:47:57 NOTICE[26107]: app_dial.c:1069 dial_exec_full: Unable
> to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 3 - No route to destination)

This happens when Asterisk don't know where to find the peer (which is
often the case if the device has failed to register to Asterisk, for
example).

> Sometimes, instead, the phone doesn't ring and I get a 15 second
> silence on the calling end.  After the full 15 seconds, Asterisk goes
> to the next priority.

This would happen, for example, if the phone registers with Asterisk but
then gets unplugged from the network.  Asterisk has an IP address for
the peer and is trying to call it, but the peer isn't responding.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager