[asterisk-users] Hardware that can ring my phone?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Aug 1 12:17:46 CDT 2007

Linux Lover wrote:
> But one thing that I forgot to mention is that my
> business is only in its beginning stage and I need to
> be as thrifty as possible. While $216 is a reasonable
> price, I was wondering whether my (currently very
> modest) goal can be achieved by spending much less
> (under $100). For example, what if I buy one of those
> el-cheapo PBX boxes and connect it to an Asterisk
> server?

Buy this, or another proven  SOHO solution and forget, for the moment,
Asterisk
IF you really are starting out fresh, begin the business and learn
Asterisk in your ( ha! ) spare time, then when you are ready you will be
able to migrate without having your customers suffer through your
learning curve.
You DO want your business to succeed, don't you?
You DON'T want your customers to have a bad first impression of you
because of some small problem with Asterisk.

Look at other hardware Asterisk solutions as well. The X100 can be more
trouble than it is worth, the TDM400 CAN have issues with some
motherboards that you will not discover until the driver can't find the
board, and the standard support answer is "try another motherboard"

Sangoma makes some nice FXO/FXS PCI cards as well with a 5 year warranty.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot