[asterisk-users] Hardware that can ring my phone?

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:12:40 CDT 2007

Lynn,

What you need is an ATA (analog telephone adapter). The ATA is a SIP or IAX
extension on your Asterisk box, and your standard phone plugs into it.
Asterisk sends the call to the SIP extension (the ATA), and the ATA rings
your phone. On the flip side, your phone dials normally and the ATA
digitizes the data and sends it via SIP to Asterisk for routing. Check out
Digium's IAXy or the GrandStream Budgetone/HandyTone.

AR

On 8/1/07, Linux Lover <linuxlover992000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a small business owner in need for a solution
> that automatically answers an incoming call, prompts
> the caller via touch-tone menu ("press 1 to leave a
> message, press 0 to speak to a representative") and
> will ring my (real) phone ONLY if requested by caller.
>
> I know that Asterisk is capable of all the logic
> behind what I described above. However, I couldn't
> find a hardware product that will allow me to
> accomplish the above (preferrable using Asterisk
> software). Does such thing exists?
>
> Thanks,
> Lynn

Alex Robar