[asterisk-users] Connecting GSM Phone to Asterisk Box

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Aug 1 01:22:30 CDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Jeng Yu wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a telephony project for which I need
> to build a prototype to demo for management.
> The prototype must work on a GSM phone network.
>
> In the demo system, a call from GSM phone comes
> into the demo box. The demo box runs CallWeaver.
> Callweaver picks up the GSM call, answers it and
> plays a sould file, then dials out to a second GSM
> phone somewhere and connects them so they talk.
>
> My question are these:
>
> 1. Is this a job for Callweaver/asterisk system?
>
> 2. if not, what package out there would handle this?

You need 2 more GSM phones - ones with an Ethernet connection talking SIP

Eg. Google for:

MV-372 SIP VoIP GSM Gateway

Which is a 2-SIM unit which will do just what you want with Asterisk.

The other alternative is to simply use 2 analogue lines and call an
ordinary analogue number and put a 2-port analogue card in the asterisk
box connected to the 2 analogue lines - one line naswers the call, then it
plays the sound file, then dials the other phone over the 2nd analogue
line.

Or do this via VoIP.

Gordon