[asterisk-users] SugarCRM, NO!, Foxpro, SI?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon Apr 30 09:37:54 MST 2007

Paul wrote:
>>> Third -  I have enough exposure to  Visual FoxPro to quickly rule it out
>>> as  a choice for anything new. The fact that somebody is proposing to
>>> use it might give you the idea that they don't know what they are
>>> talking about at all. BTW - my exposure to it did include things like
>>> access from linux apps using ODBC so I know enough to hate the product.
>>>

> It still makes me wonder why the programmer chooses Visual Foxpro.
> Sounds like he also rejects many other language and database options.

What it *sounds* like is that's all he knows and he's too terrified (or
unmotivated) to learn anything new.

I have met people who are still programming in OS/360 (using an x86
emulation environment). Yes, you read that right. These people sell
*software* to *customers*.

There comes a time in the life of any technology when you have to take
it behind the barn...

-Stephen-