[asterisk-users] Polycom 650

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon Apr 30 09:27:52 MST 2007

Klaverstyn, David C wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a Polycom 650 phone, when turned on displays “Checking application”.
>
> Can any give me some information as to what is wrong?  I have copied the
> CFG files from a 601 phone to work with this 650.

1. You need at least SIP 2.0.1 (2.1.0 recommended minimum, 2.1.1 now
available)

2. Don't use CFG files from another phone. Follow the Polycom SIP
Administrator's Guide (available on the website); make your changes in
phone-specific config files and use the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg files in
their default state.

-Stephen-