[asterisk-users] Poor man's High Availability solution

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:29:41 MST 2007

On 4/28/07, Noah Miller <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nope.  You can use a device like the Redfone fonebridge to convert the
> PRI to TDMoE.  Possible Downside: I've read some reports that say the
> TDMoE module in asterisk is not so stable.

I highly suggest you don't use TDMoE. Especially not if you are
purchasing new equipment, much less if you use Kernel 2.6. TDMoE is
depreciated there has been no recent development and while its not
unstable it seems to be an interrupt hog on Kernel 2.6, at least
recent versions.

> I've heard of a device that acts as a failover for a PRI line so you
> can plug a PRI into two different devices and have the PRI failover if
> one device fails.  Unfortunately nothing like this is commercially
> available today.

The ISDNguard is about USD 650... Another option could be a PRI SIP
gateway you just need to make sure you can integrate fail over with
it.