[asterisk-users] Unable to find a codec translation path from ilbcto ulaw

Oliver Brandt oliver_mlisten at gmx.de
Sun Apr 29 05:34:42 MST 2007

Sorry, I sent the following reply with the wrong "from" address and so
it did not pass the lists spam filter. So here is the message again:

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your help!

You were right, the codec is not compiled into my asterisk version. I'm
using debian, too and a show translation tells me that it is
deactivated.

Would it be enought to only compile the ilbc codec and keep on using the
debian packages? I'm not very fond of building * from source, as it
seems like there are security issues every once in a while and I don't
want to be forced to recompile asterisk each time such an issue comes
up. So it would be great, if it was possible to only compile the ilbc
codec, place it in the folders with the other codecs and have the
distribution take care of the rest. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks again!
Best regards!
Oliver