[asterisk-users] Call Pick Up

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Apr 29 03:24:33 MST 2007

Hi!

> While a connection in progress on one extension, I would like to go to
> any other phone, dial some extension number, in order to ether pick up
> the call or join in an automatic conference.  In other words, make it
> work like the old ma bell phone (when I want it to :-) )
>
> Is this possible in Asterisk?

In a million ways, look at:

- built-in pickup with *8 (only for ringing calls, not established calls)
- meetme (put every call into a conference, and then join 3rd party if
desired)
- SLA as in Asterisk 1.4.4 (shared line appearance)
- related dialplan example: Asterisk voicemail live (search the wiki)
- manager API (aka "AMI"): redirect command

Then there are additional methods that don't come with Asterisk right
away, search for:

- app_bridge (Asterisk bug tracker, and possibly also from backports)
- app_changrab (available from FreePBX)
- app_steal (bristuff, available from junghanns.net)

Cheers, Philipp