[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.14 will not run without internet connection

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Apr 26 22:31:51 MST 2007

Thanks, I think you are on the right track.
When no Sip adapters were connected to asterisk it took me over one
minute from the time I typed "reload" to the time I've seen anything on
the screen.
When, I connected the all the sip devices and eliminated some entries in
sip.conf and iax.conf it took only 22-seconds to "reload"

So, you might be right, it is looking form for DNS resolution and since
there is no connection to the Internet it takes a long time; though, I'm
puzzled what it is trying to resolve, I'm entering local IP addresses
into configuration files ?

--
#Joseph