[asterisk-users] Asterisk in support enviroment, some CTI maybe & RT integration?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:59:26 MST 2007

Hi,
Just wondering about using Asterisk for hosting a support line with a few
distributed operators taking calls.

My idea was for the calling party to be prompted for their support
number (maybe a unique
4 digit number) this would then get looked up in a database and then
place a pop up on
the operators screen with details of the caller. I'm guessing that
sort of thing is
being done a lot, not sure how to handle the 'pop up' or notification
for several operators?

Would this require them to sign in to some kind of web page first?
Maybe this would be simpler?
Anyway up pops the notification,  with some details of the caller,
name, address etc, there is a also URL which when clicked takes the
operator to a Request Tracker ticket
which is unique to that caller, this then has further information and
of course the options to
enter/update the ticket and re-assign it to a technician.

Maybe somebody is doing something similar in a simpler way? Please let me know.

Thanks

Mike