[asterisk-users] Asterisk IVR and Call Center Agents

lists at infoway.net lists at infoway.net
Thu Apr 26 07:51:13 MST 2007

Hi,

We developed a somewhat complex Asterisk-based IVR for a client of ours. When I say 'somewhat complex' I mean that this IVR is highly integrated with a set of middle-ware  applications that allow the caller to perform extensive functions while navigating the IVR.

This has been working great for the past year or so. However, now the client wants to add the ability for callers to be able to speak with a live agent. The trick is that the client wants to send the agent as much information captured in the IVR as possible.

This would be relatively easy if the client had their own agets with phones registered on this asterisk box. However, the client is not interested in hiring and/or managing agents or a call center, and are mainly interested in outsourcing the call center services. Preferrably, the call center should be US-based.

Call volume to the call center will not be significant. Probably 2000-3000 calls per week with an average duration of 4 mins per call.

Can anyone recommend a solution to be able to send this data from the IVR to an outsourced call center?

Are there any call centers out there that are willing to work with us to integrate this, if it's at all possible?

Thanks