[asterisk-users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1:Nosuchdeviceoraddress

CSB cameron.beattie at appsteam.co.nz
Thu Apr 26 01:09:12 MST 2007

>> >buggy modprobe rules did it again. Generally you should ignore that. To
>> >prevent it from re-occouring, remove the line with 'wctdm' and 'ztcfg'
>> >from /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel .
>> >
>> vi /etc/modprobe.conf
>> Removed the following line
>> install wctdm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm opermode=NEWZEALAND
>> fxshonormode=1 boostringer=1 fastringer=1 && /sbin/ztcfg
>>
>> vi /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel
>> Removed the following line
>> install wctdm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm $CMDLINE_OPTS &&
>> /sbin/ztcfg
>
> grep wctdm /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/*

grep wctdm /etc/modprobe.conf /etc/modprobe.d/*
/etc/modprobe.conf:alias wcfxs wctdm
/etc/modprobe.conf:install wctdm24xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
wctdm24xxp && /sbin/ztcfg
/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel:install wctdm24xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
wctdm24xxp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg
/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel:install wctdm8xxp /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
wctdm8xxp $CMDLINE_OPTS && /sbin/ztcfg

Don't I need a wctdm entry for my TDM400?

>> rmmod wctdm; modprobe wctdm; dmesg | tail
>> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
>> FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm
>> >But what about: dmesg | tail
>> Nothing relevant in dmesg
>> >
>> >What Linux distribution do you use, BTW?
>> Centos 4.4
>>
>> >What kernel version?
>> uname -r
>> 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp
>>
>> I'm even more confused now. How do I load the New Zealand specific
>> settings
>> for the card with the line gone from modprobe.conf? And how can I ignore
>> it? The problem is that Asterisk can't see the card so I can't use the
>> FXO
>> or FXS ports?
>
> echo options opermode=nz honormode=1 boostringer=1 fastringer=1
>  >/etc/modprobe.d/zaptel

vi /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel
options opermode=nz honormode=1 boostringer=1 fastringer=1
(and nothing else)

Is that really the result I wanted?

Cameron