[asterisk-users] SLES?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Wed Apr 25 14:23:47 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 04:46 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 01:49:12AM +0200, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just curious,
> >
> > Quite a while a go, i was checking for supported SW-platform.
> > AFAIR, it was RHES and SLES
> >
> > Now it's only RHES-4 and FC-3 or FC-4.
> > Not a single syllable about CentOS or SLES-9 or SLES-10
> >
> > It probably just runs fine, but any chance of getting support for their
> > *-enterprise version? (just in case of, if one needs it)
>
> Asterisk is an official package of SLES. Consider asking them as well
> regarding support (including newer versions of Asterisk).

I knew that it included in the retail version (prof-10.x) and in
open-suse (no support). And it was surely NOT included in SLES-9.

At that time i suggested to get it included with sles-10, but
marcus/andreas replied that they considered asterisk not stable enough
to be able to have SLA-contracts connected to it, hence they would not
include it.

I'm pretty sure that one way or another, asterisk will just work fine on
SLES-10. Point is however, that management would like to see a possible
backup for support, in case the shit hits the fan.
Official, with SLA-contracts and so on....

It took years to get SLES into the organisation, so open-suse, fedora or
Centos are out-of-the-question, and RHEL will be another long struggle.

hw

--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12