[asterisk-users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1:Nosuchdeviceor address

CSB cameron.beattie at appsteam.co.nz
Wed Apr 25 11:17:14 MST 2007

>> >Did it identify a card?
>> >
>> >rmmod wctdm; modprobe wctdm; dmesg | tail
>> >
>> rmmod wctdm; modprobe wctdm; dmesg | tail
>> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
>> FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm
>>
>> Errr. What does that mean?
>
> buggy modprobe rules did it again. Generally you should ignore that. To
> prevent it from re-occouring, remove the line with 'wctdm' and 'ztcfg'
> from /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel .

vi /etc/modprobe.conf
Removed the following line
install wctdm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm opermode=NEWZEALAND
fxshonormode=1 boostringer=1 fastringer=1 && /sbin/ztcfg

vi /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel
Removed the following line
install wctdm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wctdm $CMDLINE_OPTS &&
/sbin/ztcfg

rmmod wctdm; modprobe wctdm; dmesg | tail
ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm
> But what about: dmesg | tail
Nothing relevant in dmesg

> What Linux distribution do you use, BTW?
Centos 4.4

> What kernel version?
uname -r
2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp

I'm even more confused now. How do I load the New Zealand specific settings
for the card with the line gone from modprobe.conf? And how can I ignore it?
The problem is that Asterisk can't see the card so I can't use the FXO or
FXS ports?

Cameron