[asterisk-users] SLA Appearance between 2 Cisco 7960's (SIP)

John C. Wolosuk Jr. jwolosuk at uic.edu
Wed Apr 25 08:47:37 MST 2007

Has anyone had any success with getting SLA going between 2 SIP phones?
(Particularly a set of Cisco 79xx's) The SLA document that comes with
the asterisk source is about as clear as mud.

Does anyone have a working sip.conf, sla.conf, and extensions.conf that
I can use for reference?

The part I'm most confused about is how to build the lines in sip.conf
and how the phones should behave. It seems apparent that the phones
should not register with asterisk, otherwise all the phones will try to
register to be THE phone for a given extension. should these lines be
built like a trunk/peer? if I could be an example of how lines for SLA
should look in sip.conf, that would be helpful.

Also I'm somewhat annoyed that I have to compile zaptel drivers that I
don't use in order to compile the app_meetme.so module so I can have the
SLA functions available to the dialplan...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

John C. Wolosuk Jr.
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Academic Computing & Communications Center
University of Illinois @ Chicago

E-Mail: jwolosuk at uic dot edu