[asterisk-users] Re: ztdummy

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 04:30:37 MST 2007

In article <462E4571.3090609 at contactpointsolutions.com>,
Don Fletcher <dfletcher at contactpointsolutions.com> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > In article <462D16C4.2060405 at contactpointsolutions.com>,
> > Don Fletcher <dfletcher at contactpointsolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> >> dmesg just says
> >>     ztdummy: Unable to register zaptel rtc driver
> >>

> > You probably have the "genrtc" clock module loaded, instead of "rtc".
> > ztdummy will only work with "rtc".
> >
> How can I tell if it is the "genrtc" clock module loaded?

grep rtc /proc/modules

> and how do I switch it to the "rtc" if it is?

That would depend on your distribution and hardware, and I'm not sure
of the answer.

You could try: grep -n char-major-10-135 /etc/*mod*
and if it shows you genrtc, edit the appropriate file and try changing
it to rtc.

Not sure if there is another setting that is relevant.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield