[asterisk-users] Asterisk Business Edition Question

Stefan Wintermeyer stefan.wintermeyer at amooma.de
Wed Apr 25 03:23:24 MST 2007

Hi Danny,

Am 25.04.2007 um 11:44 schrieb sunil at koltelecom.com:
> 1. Why would anyone choose the Business Editon when the whole thing
> is avalable as GPL?

Have a look at
http://www.digium.com/en/products/software/comparison.php

In case you need business support you should go for the Business
Edition.

> 2. Is there a GUI to manage asterisk?

Yes, e.g. AsteriskNOW, Trixbox, etc.

But it helps to understand Asterisk.

> 3. Can it be compared with Asterisk NOW?

http://www.digium.com/en/products/software/comparison.php

> 4. Is the CD a complete installation package?

AsteriskNOW? Yes.

> 5. If im looking for hiring a server on a remote location how will
> i be able to install it?

ssh would be a good start. In case you are not familiar with Linux,
just go for a traditional PBX. Not kidding!

> If someone can guide me on it, that would be great. Also i would
> like the users to share a bit on their experiences with it.

My experience: After installing Asterisk the earth became a nicer
place. ;-)

   Stefan

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998