[asterisk-users] Make an iso image or a kickstart-Really its too urgent

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 24 12:17:31 MST 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 04:15:58AM +1100, Jaswinder Singh wrote:
> Why not use a asterisk specific live cd distribution like www.astlinux.org
> ? It is also installable on usb . You can copy your whole dialplan and
> settings ( all files in /etc/asterisk ) on a pendrive .

Because he asked specifically about CentOS.

As usual, google is your friend. A quick search for 'centos kickstart'
gives some answers. I do not have experince with kickstart
installations, but I figure you'll basically need to start with an
automated basic server installation and add to it a script to either
install asterisk packages or download and install asterisk.

It will probably take some debugging, so qemu can be handy.

And while we're plugging some irrelevant stuff,
http://updates.xorcom.com/iso/ has some images that you really wouldn't
like as they are based on Debian. OTOH, some might want them becasue of
that. 'live.iso' is something you wouldn't like because it is a live CD
rather than a system installer (as rapid-current.iso is)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com