[asterisk-users] Missing "dialplan" commands in Asterisk 1.4.2 CLI

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Apr 24 07:21:12 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 00:56 -0500, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >

> > Or maybe it is the default and it is an implicit value?
> >
> > But even then you should be able to change the dialplan at runtime.
> > Just not writng it back to the file.
> >
> > The "dialplan" commands are implemented in pbx_config.so . Are you sure
> > that this module is loaded?
> >

> pbxskandiamty2*CLI> module show like pbx
> Module                         Description
> Use Count
> pbx_loopback.so                Loopback Switch
> 0
> pbx_config.so                  Text Extension Configuration
> 0
> pbx_spool.so                   Outgoing Spool Support
> 0
> pbx_realtime.so                Realtime Switch
> 0
> pbx_dundi.so                   Distributed Universal Number Discovery (
> 0
>
>     It is loaded.  Both servers have the same modules and all say that
> use count is zero.

Taking things one at a time, I started with "dialplan save". Looking
thru the source, in the load_module routine, I see...

	if (static_config && !write_protect_config)
		ast_cli_register(&cli_dialplan_save);

So, if the static_config is false, or if write_protect_config is true,
it won't register this command. Check your config file, extensions.conf,
and see what you set those vars to...

The sample config says:

; The "General" category is for certain variables.
;
[general]
;
; If static is set to no, or omitted, then the pbx_config will rewrite
; this file when extensions are modified.  Remember that all comments
; made in the file will be lost when that happens.
;
; XXX Not yet implemented XXX
;
static=yes
;
; if static=yes and writeprotect=no, you can save dialplan by
; CLI command 'save dialplan' too
;
writeprotect=no
;

So, to get the behavior you are seeing, all you have to do is leave out
the static=yes line

murf