[asterisk-users] How can I improve call quality?

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:17:47 MST 2007

If I am not mistaking, g711u is ulaw.  Ulaw and Alaw are the best since
they are lossless, meaning no compression, they also take up the most
bandwidth.  Ulaw is the native codec to traditional T1s in the US and
some other places, ulaw is seen in other parts of the world.  They both
consume the same amount of bandwidth 64kb plus overhead.

Thanks,
Steve