[asterisk-users] Asterisk dialing next extension only if first is busy?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Apr 23 01:18:32 MST 2007

G'day.

I am having reasonable success getting Asterisk 1.4.2 running and doing
what I want, but I can't figure out one particular idiom that I want:

There are a few situations where I want to have Asterisk push a call
through to the first available transport on a list, such as:

I have two SIP ports attached to one local (two port) analog phone
system.  I want to ring line 1 for the first call, line 2 for the second
call and go to voicemail for the third and subsequent.

I can't work out the best way to express that.

Using "Dial(SIP/line1&SIP/line2)" will ring both lines at the same time
which is not really what I want.

Using two sequential Dial() commands into the extension will ring the
lines one after the other -- even if it times out on the first line,
which is again not what I want.

At the moment my best guess is that I need to use the DIALSTATUS
variable and implement the fail-over process based on that.  That seems
cumbersome, though -- surely this isn't a terribly uncommon requirement?

Regards,
        Daniel

--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/