[asterisk-users] Softphone that supports central provisioning?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sun Apr 22 00:52:30 MST 2007

On 21 Apr 2007, at 18:37, Salvatore Giudice wrote:

> Most large enterprises (25k+ employees) would rather have a product
> backed
> by a real vendor, are not willing to switch office workers to
> linux, and do
> not see IAX as a viable option. Many customers avoid things like
> IAX form
> fear of being tied to a single vendor.

And yet they always end up buying from a single vendor who locks them in
with their own proprietary protocol 'additions' like M$, Mitel or Cisco.

IAX on the other hand is the subject of a short clear RFC.
(There is a new draft out now by the way).
There are at least 6 independent implementations of IAX I know of.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/