[asterisk-users] Softphone that supports central provisioning?

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Sat Apr 21 10:37:39 MST 2007

Most large enterprises (25k+ employees) would rather have a product backed
by a real vendor, are not willing to switch office workers to linux, and do
not see IAX as a viable option. Many customers avoid things like IAX form
fear of being tied to a single vendor.

I don't think it's generally possible to dismiss products that don't meet
all of your business requirements. It would probably be a better idea to
find a few candidates that meet most of your business requirements or at
least the higher priority requirements, and then work with the vendor's
professional services staff or your own development staff to tailor the
product to your needs.

None of the products you mentioned would ever be acceptable to the majority
of enterprise clients I work with.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107