[asterisk-users] Softphone that supports central provisioning?

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Sat Apr 21 00:59:27 MST 2007

Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:48:20AM -0400, James FitzGibbon wrote:
>>> Has anyone found a softphone that supports pulling it's
>>> configuration from a central server via TFTP/FTP/HTTP, much like
>>> hard desk phones use?
>>
>> Why would you want to do that?
>
> Because you could provision softphones the way you provision hard
> phones. Dynamic configuration through HTTP or even SIP messages.
> That would really be great.
>
> I think it's a valid question and I've been searching for such
> softphones as myself. They should be usable (so most of them fail)
> and should work on a real OS (tm). And no Java please :)
>

> Regards,
>   Philipp

What about creating a configuration file on server for each soft phone
extension automatically and then importing that file into the soft phone?

In another words, user receives a link to the setup program and the
configuration file in an email. That is how we are configuring our soft
phones :-)

Senad
www.bicomsystems.com