[asterisk-users] HPEC audio clipping: IMPORTANT DETAIL

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Apr 20 16:41:38 MST 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:

> I've confirmed this: hpec-9.00.002 has the clipping problem. hpec-8.20
> definitely doesn't. I've implemented and reverted. The clipping makes
> the phones unusable.

This is most definitely helpful information; I can put the 8.20 files
back on the FTP site (or make them available via Support) if needed.

> What's the word on the patch?

The patch is _NOT_ an attempt to cure this problem, nor did I advertise
it as such. It is a patch to allow us to capture audio streams in a way
that will allow us to debug (and presumably fix) the problem.

I don't know yet which versions of Zaptel it will be merged into, but it
is small enough that it will likely go into both 1.2 and 1.4. The patch
is being reviewed by some developers here at Digium and will then be
merged, possibly as early as tomorrow evening. Once that is done we can
work with one or more of you who are experiencing this problem to get us
audio capture files, and we will supply those to the HPEC code creators
to find out what is going wrong.