[asterisk-users] Big trouble with zap lines

Ricardo Melendez rmelendez at utep.com.mx
Fri Apr 20 14:06:54 MST 2007

Hi, I recently install asterisk 1.4 over fedora 4, I configured 12 zap channels like this

In zaptel.conf
fxsks=1-4
fxsks=5-8
fxsks=9-12
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

in zapata.conf
in channels section
context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1-4
channel => 5-8
channel => 9-12

when i run ztcfg -vv show 12 channels correctly configured
whe i run "zap show channels" in asterisk console this show 12 channels correctly configured
when i call to a zap channel like this "Dial(zap/1/somenumber,15,r)" in the console appear that asterisk is dialing trought this channel to this somenumber but in the line the call
never go out nor in, the same happens when dial from outside, the line is ringing until the normal timeout.

the PSTN lines used work normally whit normal hardphones (PSTN)

zaptel, asterisk, zttool and ztcfg all never send any error message.

What  could be the problem??

Could be a damaged wildcard
My card is wctdm2400p with 12 fxs ports in 3 modules

thanks in advance