[asterisk-users] [OT] OMG Verizon is terrible

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Apr 20 09:08:32 MST 2007

Alan Bunch wrote:
> Remember the big lie with Verizon is not "The tech will be there at
> noon".  It is "Your FOC (Firm Order Commit) date is xxx"  The dates they
> give are neither Firm or Committed.  Just ask them.
>
> As long as you remember, they are the Phone Company and you are just the
> customer. no body will be disapointed.
>
> Do I sound a lil grumppy. 5 and half week for  fiber buildout quote.
> Yup, Im grumppy.
>
> alabun
>
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Steve Totaro wrote:
>>
>>> They are all terrible in their own way.  Don't you have someone you can
>>> delegate the Verizon babysitting responsibility to?  I would consider
>>> sales calls a little more important than being a babysitter.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Steve Totaro
>>> http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com
>>> KB3OPB

I just got off the phone with Verizon and had them turn off all POTS
lines except one.  Between the humming noise they seem to not be able to
fix and CID problems with additional lines we just ordered, I think I've
had enough of verizon over the last 3 days.

I'll keep the one line for when voip lines are down and shed the
frustrations...

It'd be nice if T1's were more reasonably priced or FIOS was here.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee