[asterisk-users] G.729 & Voicemail

Michael Landin Hostbaek mich at the-lab.org
Fri Apr 20 05:59:28 MST 2007

List,

I have some cisco phones (7940) and asterisk 1.4 running nicely.. Communication
between the phones is G.729, and my sip.conf looks like this:

disallow=all                    ; First disallow all codecs
allow=g729                      ;
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

However, I cannot call voicemail - I get the following error:
[Apr 20 14:58:31] WARNING[87184]: channel.c:2816 set_format: Unable to
find a codec translation path from g729 to gsm

Shouldn't it switch to gsm automatically?

I cannot purchase g729 licenses, as FreeBSD is not yet supported (with
asterisk 1.4)

Mike