[asterisk-users] Cell phone that can be connected to standadphone switch network

Whisker, Peter peter.whisker at logicacmg.com
Fri Apr 20 00:36:31 MST 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Joseph wrote:

> Are there any cell phone (gadgets) that can be connected to standard
> switch phone network?  (ability to check email would be a plus).
>
> Digium adapter S101i can be connected to any network and it allow a
> standard phone to act as your local extension over the Internet (by
> registering to asterisk), it works "almost" perfectly.
> So it would be handy to have a cellular phone that can be connected to

> standard switched phone network, are there any toys like this?

Dock'n'Talk. Check the archives.

Although let's hope you're not in the UK - I eventually managed to get
in-touch with the person D&T passed me on to who was their UK disty, but
after an initial reply they haven't bothered to email me back advising
me of stock, prices or avalability.

Gordon

Some of the new Nokia mobile phones now support SIP over WiFi (802.11g)
as well as GSM.

Peter