[asterisk-users] users.conf SIP registration fails

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Thu Apr 19 20:09:03 MST 2007

0xception,
yes, I suspect this is the reason.  the users.conf file may not used as
you expect.  the users.conf file in 1.4 is a source file for generating
the dialplan on-the-fly by the gui...   if you hand edit it, the gui
doesn't regenerate it...  one way to verify this is to, at the CLI>, type
         dialplan show 6058 at default
substitute the extens and context to suite your needs... I see that
these should be 6058 exten and context=default in the conf you provided..
daveC

0xception wrote:
> I recently upgraded from asterisk 1.2.13 to 1.4.2 and am looking at
> using the users.conf file to setup my users, before i was using real
> time SIP which worked fine. However when i create a user in users.conf
> i am unable to register the user form a softphone, however that same
> softphone can still register a different the users i currently have
> setup form the sip.conf from real time. i've recieved different error
> messages at different times but none of them stick and i can't seem to
> reproduce much of them. (for example for a while i was getting
> host=dynamic not found/known errors. then i was getting something
> about disallow errors, now i dont receive any errors but when i turn
> on sip debugging it just say unauthorized.
>
> below is my users.conf file
>
> [6058]
> allow = all
> callwaiting = yes
> cid_number = 6058
> context = default
> email = user at mydomain.com <mailto:user at mydomain.com>
> fullname = Bob smith
> group =
> hasagent = yes
> hasdirectory = yes
> hasiax = no
> hasmanager = no
> hassip = yes
> hasvoicemail = yes
> host=dynamic
> mailbox = 6058
> secret = myPassword
> threewaycalling = yes
> vmsecret = 1337
> zapchan =
> registeriax = no
> registersip = yes
>

> Any idea why this doesn't work but registering normal SIP configured
> accounts does?

Building Strong Relationships w/ Intelligent Customer Service
--

Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
856-380-0894 x5000