[asterisk-users] SIP kpml DTMF support in *

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Apr 19 10:18:26 MST 2007

Grigoriy wrote:
> Dan Austin wrote:
>> If you are running the phone loads that shipped with CCM5,
>> then your skinny phones have 'support' for RFC2833.  CCM
>> figures out during the call if the call will traverse a
>> SIP trunk and instruct the phone to use RFC2833 for DTMF
>> I have a CCM5<->Asterisk trunk setup for MeetMe conferencing
>> with NO MTP and DTMF works fine.
>>

> Can you specify the version of the loads?
Not specifically.  I am already up on CCM 5.1 which ships
with 8.0(4) for 7940/7960 phones.  I seem to recall that
CCM 5.0 had 8.0(1), but could be wrong.  In any case I
was using SIP trunks without MTP and with G729 25 days after
5.0 was released (I managed to get Cisco to actually release
it to me when they announced it as available instead of the
more normal 90 days after announcement)

Dan