[asterisk-users] ztdummy does not load properly at server startup

Theo Band theo.band at xanadu-wireless.com
Thu Apr 19 09:28:51 MST 2007

Hi

I run asterisk 1.4.2 with zaptel 1.4.1.
Zaptel is only needed for the ztdummy driver to get the Meetme()
application to work. I don't have any specific hardware.
And it does work nicely. When I reboot the machine however I have to
manually load the driver like this:

[root at vink ~]# modprobe ztdummy
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy
[root at vink ~]# modprobe -r ztdummy
[root at vink ~]# modprobe ztdummy
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

FATAL: Error running install command for ztdummy

[root at vink ~]# modprobe ztdummy

So a simple load of the driver does not seem to be enough. I need to
remove then wait and then load again.

My modprobe.conf contains (amongst others) this line:
install ztdummy /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ztdummy  && /sbin/ztcfg

What is the proper way to get this driver loaded at startup? Have I
missed a configuration somewhere?

Thanks for any help,
Theo