[asterisk-users] SIP kpml DTMF support in *

Grigoriy Puzankin gpuzankin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:47:40 MST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Asterisk 1.4 and Cisco CallManager 5 using SIP
Trunk without MTP (media termination point). Howerver, Cisco 79xx phones
do not support RFC2833, they always notify CCM5 via SKINNY channel no
matter where they send RTP to.

For non-MTP trunk there's Out-of-band DTMF support in CCM5 called
"kpml". I wonder if Asterisk can support it.

I found an intertnet-draft for kpml:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-07.txt, but it seems to
be very old - "Expires June 25, 2005".

I know that using MTP in SIP Trunk at CCM5 makes DTMF work in RFC2833,
but MTP resource is very limited and I don't want to proxy RTP via CCM5.
Please, do not offer to use H.323.

Thanks in advance.
Grigoriy.