[asterisk-users] Re: Can I add distinctive ring with asterisk and TDM400?

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:47:11 MST 2007

A follow-up with the solution in case anyone else is looking for this answer:

I created two contexts in my zapata.conf file, since each VOIP line is
terminated by a VOIP adapter and then just comes in "hardwired" to the
TDM400 via RJ11 line, I know which VOIP number is connected to which
Wildcard port.

In Zapata.conf:

usedistinctiveringdetection=yes

; ...

signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming-voipsunr
rxgain=0
txgain=2.5
channel => 3

signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming-voipvp
rxgain=0
txgain=2.5
channel => 4

- - -

Now in extensions.conf, I can ring the phones with a normal ring (DIAL
with no ring parameter) when a call comes in the voip-sunr context. Or
I can ring with a distinctive ring when a call comes in the voip-vp
context:

[incoming-voipsunr]
exten => s,1,NoOp
exten => s,n,Dial(${ALLPHONES})
exten => s,n,Hangup

[incoming-voipvp]
exten => s,1,NoOp
exten => s,n,Dial(${ALLPHONES}r2)
exten => s,n,Hangup

The r2 in the second context causes a distinctive ring. ALLPHONES is
defined above in my extensions.conf as ALLPHONES=ZAP/1&ZAP/2

Hope that's useful to someone else. It works for me.