[asterisk-users] asterisk svn and zaptel

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 18 08:12:00 MST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:58 +0000, Iban Lopetegi Zinkunegi wrote:
>  I go to my asterisk recompile it but I realize there is no
> chan_zap.so!!!!! When I recompile it, i check the make menuselect and the
> channel zapata is not appearing  there. Does any body know any patch for
> that? Or how to sort out this problem

You need to rerun the configure script for asterisk *after* you have the
zaptel drivers installed. If configure doesn't detect the zaptel drivers
(i.e. they weren't installed when it was run), then it won't build the
chan_zap module. I ran into this too.

What you have to do is "make distclean", then rerun configure and
recompile asterisk, now that you have the zaptel drivers installed.

--Greg