[asterisk-users] SIP failover between Sip Providers

Knud Müller k.mueller at portrix.net
Wed Apr 18 04:18:59 MST 2007

Dinesh Nair wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:04:22 +0200, Knud Müller wrote:

>>think it can be done by using the dialplan and the database to store the
>>statistical information but maybe there is an easier way that integrates
>>better with asterisk!?
>>

>i dont think you'd even need a database with statistics. just have all
>calls sent to provider A with an automatic failover to provider B if the
>call can't be completed through A. you'd need to go look at the DIALSTATUS
>variable for that.

The disadvantage of that solution is, that I'll always try to make a
connection with a provider for that I know by experience it wouldn't
work. In the failover case the time between starting to dial and the
first ring gets longer. If I know that Provider A fails 60% of Calls
then I don't need to start with a but can start with b directly.

--
Knud A. Müller