[asterisk-users] bad case of buzzing

Tim Koehler digiumlist at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:04:31 MST 2007

Hi,

are you using PoE or power supplies?
As power supllies usually are not grounded it could be that it's comming
from the power source.

You could try using a grounded PoE switch or probably a power backup to test
if this is the case.

Cheers

Tim

On 3/30/07, Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-asterisk-users at apartia.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are at wit's end on this. One (and only one) of our five asterisk
> installation is giving us real headaches. Buzzing and/or choppy sound
> interfere with conversations. I recorded some conversations with
> monitor() and no problem whatsoever appear in the recording, while the
> local user was hearing the buzz and half my words.
>
> This is a 1.2.16 installation with mISDN but mostly using SIP to our
> central PRI-equipped asterisk. Phones are Polycom 430, 601, Cisco 7960,
> 7912 all to the latest firmware.
>
> We tried everything: changing the switch, network cards, auditing every
> network drop with fluke, re-certifying our wan, swapping some phones to
> no effect.
>
> Has anyone gone through that ordeal?

snom technology AG

Tim Koehler