[asterisk-users] peers are using wrong contexts

dima dima at scancom.es
Wed Apr 18 00:46:45 MST 2007

Tnaks for your answer. Sorry, if I'm missing something obvious here.
Yes, it's asterisk 1.4. I've configured a user entry in users.conf. One
of the lines is "context = numberplan-custom-1". I suppose that should
make that user use the dialplan context [numberplan-custom-1]. I have
[numberplan-custom-1] configured in extensions.conf. However the user
uses [default].

users.conf
[951XXXXXX]
callwaiting = yes
cid_number = 951XXXXXX
context = numberplan-custom-1
email =
fullname = New User
group =
hasagent = no
hasdirectory = no
hasiax = no
hasmanager = no
hassip = yes
hasvoicemail = yes
host = dynamic
mailbox = 951XXXXXX
secret = 000000
threewaycalling = yes
vmsecret = 1234
zapchan =
registeriax = no
registersip = yes

extensions.conf
[default]
exten = _X.,1,NoOp("This is default")

[numberplan-custom-1]
exten = _X.,1,NoOp("This is numberplan-custom-1")

Output of >sip show peer 951XXXXXX
CLI> sip show peer 951XXXXXX

  * Name       : 951XXXXXX
  Secret       : <Set>
  MD5Secret    : <Not set>
  Context      : numberplan-custom-1
  Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
  Language     :
  AMA flags    : Unknown
  Transfer mode: open
  CallingPres  : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
  Callgroup    : 1
  Pickupgroup  : 1
  Mailbox      : 951XXXXXX
  VM Extension : asterisk
  LastMsgsSent : 0/0
  Call limit   : 0
  Dynamic      : Yes
  Callerid     : "New User" <951XXXXXX>
  MaxCallBR    : 384 kbps
  Expire       : 26
  Insecure     : no
  Nat          : RFC3581
  ACL          : No
  T38 pt UDPTL : No
  CanReinvite  : Yes
  PromiscRedir : No
  User=Phone   : No
  Video Support: No
  Trust RPID   : No
  Send RPID    : No
  Subscriptions: Yes
  Overlap dial : No
  DTMFmode     : rfc2833
  LastMsg      : 0
  ToHost       :
  Addr->IP     : X.X.X.X Port 5060
  Defaddr->IP  : 0.0.0.0 Port 5060
  Def. Username: 951XXXXXX
  SIP Options  : (none)
  Codecs       : 0x8000e (gsm|ulaw|alaw|h263)
  Codec Order  : (none)
  Auto-Framing:  No
  Status       : Unmonitored
  Useragent    : Sipura/SPA3000-2.0.11(GWg)
  Reg. Contact : sip:951XXXXXX at X.X.X.X:5060