[asterisk-users] SIP failover between Sip Providers

Knud Müller k.mueller at portrix.net
Wed Apr 18 00:04:22 MST 2007

Hi all,

lets say I've registered at several Sip-Providers. Provider A offers
best rates but is often too busy to get a line. Sip Provider B is stable
(but more expensive). The asterisk box has a high call volume therefore
problems at provider A will get obvious after a few calls stalled. In
this case astersik shall switch temporarily to provider B but shall test
periodically for selected calls if provider A is available again. I
think it can be done by using the dialplan and the database to store the
statistical information but maybe there is an easier way that integrates
better with asterisk!?

regards,

--
Knud A. Müller