[asterisk-users] Trigger a wake-up call from the shell?

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Tue Apr 17 19:19:19 MST 2007

donovan,
by wake up call, I am assuming you have some condition that will trigger
a call not an actual 'wake me (a human) up call'...
here is what I set up to remind me to remind my son to take his
singulair pill. at 5;30pm.. I created a cron job to kick this shell
script off... thankfully, he doesn't require it anymore...
this uses channel Zap/2 my POTS line, to call out..
daveC

=================< the script >=================
#!/bin/sh
cd /home/dc/asterisk
LOGFILE="`pwd`/singulair.log"
echo " =======================================" >>${LOGFILE}
echo " ${0}: Started at `date`   " >>${LOGFILE}
chown asterisk *.call
# lets see it in the logfile
ls -l /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing  >>${LOGFILE}
echo -n " 856-111-9876 " >>${LOGFILE}
cp -p /home/dc/asterisk/DJSingulaire856.call
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/2.call;
# lets see it in the logfile
ls -l /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing  >>${LOGFILE}
echo " Done                       " >>${LOGFILE}

=========================< the .call file >=====================
#
# This is a sample file that can be dumped in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
# to generate a call.
#
# Comments are indicated by a '#' character that begins a line, or follows
# a space or tab character.  To be consistent with the configuration files
# in Asterisk, comments can also be indicated by a semicolon.  However, the
# multiline comments (;-- --;) used in Asterisk configuration files are not
# supported.  Semicolons can be escaped by a backslash.
#

# Obviously, you MUST specify at least a channel in the same format as you
# would for the "Dial" application.  Only one channel name is permitted.
#

#Channel: Zap/1
Channel: Zap/2/8561119876
#
# You may also specify a wait time (default is 45 seconds) for how long to
# wait for the channel to be answered, a retry time (default is 5 mins)
# for how soon to retry this call, and a maximum number of retries (default
# is 0) for how many times to retry this call.
#
MaxRetries: 2
;RetryTime: 60
;waitTime: 30

#
# Once the call is answered, you must provide either an application/data
# combination, or a context/extension/priority in which to start the PBX.
#
##Context: dialout-alert-MyCell      #doesn't quite work
Context: dialout-alert
Extension: s

#
# Alternatively you can specify just an application
# and its arguments to be run, instead of a context
# extension and priority
#
#Application: VoiceMailMain
#Data: 1234

#
# You can set the callerid that will be used for the outgoing call
#
Callerid: DJ Singulaire <(856) 778-0811>
#
# You can set channel variables that will be passed to the channel.
# This includes writable dialplan functions.
#
#Set: file1=/tmp/to
#Set: file2=/tmp/msg
#Set: timestamp=20021023104500
#Set: CDR(accountcode|r)=blort
#Set: CDR(userfield|r)=42

[dialout-alert]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)   (always get a kick out of this!)
exten => s,n,Playback(custom/take-your-singulair)

--
Building Strong Relationships w/ Intelligent Customer Service
--

Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
856-380-0894 x5000