[asterisk-users] Voicemail files permission

Gustavo Felisberto humpback at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 17 09:47:29 MST 2007

I'm using asterisk 1.2.14

When asterisk stores voicemail messages in
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/EXTENSION/INBOX files are created with:

-rwx------ 1 asterisk web-aster   6690 Apr 17 16:08 msg0002.WAV
-rwx------ 1 asterisk web-aster   6732 Apr 17 16:08 msg0002.gsm
-rw------- 1 asterisk web-aster    274 Apr 17 16:08 msg0002.txt
-rwx------ 1 asterisk web-aster  65324 Apr 17 16:08 msg0002.wav

I needed the files to have modes 660. I tried setting up umask in the script
that starts asterisk and that did not help. After some searches I found that the
apps/app_voicemail.c sets a define about this:

#define VOICEMAIL_FILE_MODE     0600

that is used in:

if ((ofd = open(outfile, O_WRONLY | O_TRUNC | O_CREAT, VOICEMAIL_FILE_MODE)) < 0)

But no matter what I set in there I always get the files created the same way.

Any ideas?

--
Gustavo Felisberto
(HumpBack)