[asterisk-users] Voicemail: How to send a notification even if Caller does not let any messages?

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Mon Apr 16 10:27:30 MST 2007

There is no absolute way to verify if the user left a new message, since
it only tells you how many messages are currently in the box. If not
many messages are sent.... you could do a "stat" on the newest voicemail
file in their new folder. Then see if its more than a few seconds old.
If its only a few seconds old, then the message was just left. But like
I said, still a tough thing to guarentee.

Rob