[asterisk-users] injecting audio announcements into sip channel

Mark Reardon asterisk.mark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 02:48:40 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have a client that is setting up a premium phone service and is required
by the Telephony regulator to stream call cost announcements into the call
at certain periods during the call.
For instance when the call cost is €3 per minute there needs to be an
announcement after 10 minutes that call has now cost you €30 to the caller.
€60 after 20 mins etc. etc.

Recording the bespoke announcements is easy enough.

1) But how do I inject them into the SIP channel.
2) How do I time the injection so that the correct message is played at the
correct time.

I imagine there is a more elegant way to do this than setting up a
conference call and have the announcements played as part of one long
recording on one of the conference channels.

Advice from anyone who has tackled this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

cheers,

Mark