[asterisk-users] Digium TE205P and channelbank

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:00:51 MST 2007

phil.dawson at marnock.com wrote:
> Trying to find my feet here.  If I wanted to connect Asterisk to a PRI and
> throw in a T1 Adtran channel bank into the mix for fax machines would the
> following work?
>

> Connect PRI line from telco to Port 1 on the Digium Wildcard TE205P.
> Connect Adtran TA-624-T1 to Post 2 on the Digium Wildcard TE205P
>
> also, would I need a crossover to the channelbank or is it a patch lead
> like the connection to the PRI
>

> any hints / tips greatfully received
>

> thanks to Steve Totaro for the nudge in the right direction!
>

> Phil

I think you will have good luck.  Just make sure you use no echo can
when bridged.  Also, you will need a T1 Crossover cable.

I have used channel banks quite a bit but never for the amount of faxing
you are looking at.  Maybe someone has better input but I would
certainly try it myself and feel good about it going in.

I bought a 24 port FXS TSU 600 for $200 used on Ebay for the lab, so you
may want to go the Used route before buying something new.

Thanks,
Steve