[asterisk-users] Optipoint 420std SIP Firmware

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 17:08:51 MST 2007

On 4/15/07, Germán Rodríguez Vergara <german_rod at terra.es> wrote:

> I'm looking for Optipoint 420 Standard SIP Firmware to make my first tests
> with Asterisk and SIP, but I'm unable to find it. Could someone help me?

 My understanding is Siemens sells an optiPoint 420 and an optiPoint
420S. The 420S is the SIP version and if that's what you have you
should be able to obtain the firmware The non-SIP phones use Siemens
proprietary protocol which is based on an old version of H.323.

Perhaps its possbile to cross-flash the phones but I haven't found too
much clandestine documentation for the Siemens gear.

Recados,

Andrew