[asterisk-users] "HTTP Connection Timeout" Trouble with Cisco 7960 Phone

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Sun Apr 15 13:10:40 MST 2007

You should run a packet capture. Verify that a request is sent to the server
and then verify if you see a response come back. I assume you have a cgi
that generates the xml needed to display on the phone. So either, your cgi
is not responding or the response is not formatted properly for the phone.

Also check to make sure that your http proxy settings are correct in the
phone. It's possible that you have a proxy set that is incorrect or that you
need to set one in order to get to your webserver. These types of scenarios
can cause the problem you described.

Good luck.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107