[asterisk-users] features.conf and blind xfer

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sun Apr 15 06:53:23 MST 2007

I was wanting to automate entirely a blind transfer. We are not yet
using a powerdialler, so when we hit an answermachine we have to
manually leave a message.

In order to make this a little quicker, I want to leave a standard
message on the answermachine.

attempt #1. Use the blind transfer feature.
set blind transfer to be "**".
extension 22 is exten 22 => Goto (leavemessage,answermachine,1)

during the call, agent presses "**". Asterisk says "transfer". Agent
enters "22#". Call is transferred to extension 22. A Standard Message is
left.

cool.

Agents say "We always have to xfer to extension 22. Can't you automate
that?"

attempt #2. Use the features application map

doxfer => **,caller,goto,leavemessage|answermachine|1

during the call, agent presses "**". CLI says

   Feature Found: doxfer exten: answermachine
     -- Goto (leavemessage,answermachine,1)

but nothing happens. I've tried it with **,callee as well.

Anyone been able to automate this type of thing ?

Julian