[asterisk-users] DISABLE 9?

John Millican jmillican at sentinelcommunications.com
Sun Apr 15 04:45:18 MST 2007

On Sunday April 15 2007 5:48 am, JNA wrote:
> Is there a way to make it so you do not have to dial 9 by default to dial a
> outside number? I would like it if we could just dial the number any
> pointers?

In a number of my ATA's and IP Phones I have a delay in the pattern match so
that if the user dials 4 digits the phone waits for 1 second to see if there
will be a 5th or more digits.  This eliminates the need to dial a 9 or a 0 to
get outside dial tone.  Yes 1 second can be a long time but if you don't make
a big deal over it when talking to the users they usually do not notice and
are more focused on the fact that they do not have to do anything to
distinguish between extension dial and outside dial.

John M